JOB TITLE: Project Manager
To plan, execute, and finalize project according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of the One Stop Shop Project partners, consultants, and experts in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will be responsible of carrying out all the necessary decision-making to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project objectives.
- Manage the relationship between BWF and the project partners. In addition, to work closely with the contracted consultants and experts under this project. Coordinate with BWF staff to ensure interlink of the project with the ongoing projects at BWF and Partners projects.
- To upgrade the skills of selected women MSMEs on a group and individual level through the managing, cooperation and supervision of project Partners implementation to achieve the project objectives.
Post holder reports to: Business Women Forum Programs Manager
Staff reporting to this post:
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Project Manager
- Prepare annual work plan for the project under the portfolio as well as monthly and quarterly plans.
- Support the project partners for all project activities and insure proper implementation of all its components.
- Coordinates for meetings with the projects partners, and technical teams and provide direction and guidance to project partners / responsible parties.
- Support the creation of the one stop shop by strategically linking Business Development Centre - BDC and BWF long term goals and how they should be integrated and be complementary.
- Provide professional technical advice to the partners’ teams, experts, and consultants specifically in the areas of business development, and identifying and access to new markets.
- Networking with other key stakeholders at national level adding value to the project.
Responsible for the oversight and management of assigned projects development and implementation and managing relation with local project partners. This will include:
- Ensuring high levels of participation of beneficiaries,
- Routine monitoring and evaluation of all stages of the project by assisting the partners in creating a baseline matrix and monitoring tools.
- Providing capacity-building support to project team by participating and supporting the workshops and training sessions or other activities in the field.
- Provide adequate reporting in line with BWF and donor documentation and learning requirements and the requirements of donors,
- conducting donor quarterly reports, reviewing partners team reports, and giving feedback and support to team to achieve adequate quality,
- Provide input and facilitate the day-to-day functioning of the Project Team.
- Manage the financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and annual work plan.
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Lead the development of project concepts, ToRs and document to assist in the fund raising efforts for new initiatives related to the One Stop Shop Project.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify risks and potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Enhance media coverage and public relations of the project.
- Lead the Steering Committee meetings, call for the meetings, prepare Agenda, and taking minutes of the meeting, and follow up accordingly.
- Manage risks, issues and problems and ensure implementation of corrective actions is taken as results of M&E findings.
- Prepare quarterly, annual, and final project report and process all other requirements for the project auditing, and final evaluation and closure of the project as per UN Women standard procedures.
- Review incoming operational and financial reports in terms of completeness and formal correctness.
- Consulting regularly with Project Steering Committee members, to review issues arising and progress towards specified project outcomes.
- Liaising with administrative staff, and meet the requirements of BWF administrative and financial reporting procedures.
- Supporting the implementation of BWF strategic planning under the One Stop Shop Project.
- The post holder may from time to time be delegated other responsibilities upon developments on the One Stop Shop Project.
- Ensure projects compliance with UN Women rules and regulations in the field and management of procurement processes including contractors and supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement, in liaison with UN Women.
- Liaise with any suppliers and management of contracts and legal implications in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations.
- Mobilize goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications.
- Manage requests for the provision of financial resources by UN Women.
- Accountable for preparing the project financial reports.
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of local development issues, to inform the development of the BWF project “One Stop Shop Project” in terms of Women MSMEs Empowerment, Marketing for MSMEs, knowledge of Export and advocacy towards decision making positions. Including the identification of new local partners, and the development or maintenance of relations with partners.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- 5 years of professional experience in managing and/or working on projects for Women MSMEs economic development, or related field.
- In-depth understanding and experience in business development and entrepreneurship in Palestine is essential.
- BA degree in business administration or related field.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership skills and a team player.
- Utilization of Microsoft Office mainly Word, and Excel.
- Work under pressure.
- Reporting skills.
- Consultancy, mentoring and training background is desired
- Good skills in resources management (people/finance/assets) Good technical skills, policy knowledge or speciality and experience of projects management.
- Proven decision making capacity.
- Can effectively communicate with project team and successfully represent the project at different levels
- Contributing to strategic development at a wider level within the project scope .
- Good organisational awareness.
- Effective member of a team and a role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with the team, and promotes high standards.
- Takes responsibility and initiative of work and delegated project/processes.
- Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
- Successfully manages conflicting priorities.
- Proactively assumes more responsibility and/or more difficult areas of work in agreement with the Executive Director.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Valid driving license is desirable
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may vary from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussions with the post holder, upon any changes related to the One Stop Shop Project.
Date of issue: 24/08/2015