Mitigating the impacts of COVID-19 on women’s economic participation in the State of Palestine
Mitigating the impacts of COVID-19 on women’s economic participation in the State of Palestine, a Programme funded by (UN COVID-19 MPTF) and implemented jointly with UN Women, the World Food Programme, and UNDP in partnership with Business Women For<
The objective of the project:
The project’s overall objective is to mitigate the negative socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 crisis on women-led MSMEs including cooperatives, and contribute to integrating and introducing measures and innovative solutions that enhance women’s access to equal economic opportunities and can mitigate and reduce the disproportionate burden of unpaid care on women during crisis. In order to support and contribute to enabling enhanced and sustainable economic participation of and women-led businesses across key productive sectors of the Palestinian economy.
Targeted group in project:
- Women led agribusiness in WB and Gaza.
- Women-led agribusiness cooperatives WB and Gaza.
The services, activities within provided in the project:
- Provided technical support to women-led MSMEs to capacitate them with skills on business processes, re-engineering, and innovation mainstreaming to respond to emerging market needs and COVID-19 crisis.
- Strengthened quality and green production capacities for women-led MSMEs through provision of technical assistance and training on food processing, packaging and branding and relevant food quality and safety standards and good practices.
- Provided technical support to women-led MSMEs working on agribusiness and cooperatives to create new market linkages.